Global Grub's Blog: Adventures in Cooking
February 03, 2019
Ready to try your hand at making mochi ice cream? Then it’s decision time! What flavor combinations will you use? The options are only limited to your favorite ice creams. Use our ideas here, or get even more creative…
September 25, 2018
September 21, 2018
September 09, 2018
So much to eat, so little time. But Portland’s famous food scene did not disappoint. Trust me when I say there are a gazillion food options that will satiate any craving… because I could write a book on cravings! Being preggers with #2 arriving right around the corner, I jumped at the chance to return to...
April 17, 2017
For many Mexican families, a tamalada (the Spanish word for “tamale party”) is synonymous with the holidays. Multiple generations gather around the kitchen to make a ridiculous amount of tamales, oftentimes in the hundreds. The tamales are shared and enjoyed with family and friends throughout the season, sometimes given as a gift (I accept!). Traditional rituals include the Grandma’s prayer to the tamales,Spanish guitar music...
April 21, 2015
- California Roll: crab, avocado, cucumber (or substitute crab with salmon or teriyaki chicken, or additionally top with a salmon or spicy tuna)
- Spicy Tuna Roll: spicy tuna, cucumber
- Tempura Roll: shrimp tempura, optional avocado
- Philly Roll: salmon, cream cheese, cucumber
- Veggie Roll: any assortment of veggies
- Sushi Sides: optional
- Sake and Beer: optional but highly recommended
April 12, 2015
- Date Nights: Skip restaurant crowds and/or get involved after the kiddos go to bed. Turn this date night in into a fun adventure, cooking side-by-side with some music and drinks within reach, of course!
- Dinner Parties: Serve your guests something new and exciting (and be confident that it'll turn out great!). Better yet, have your guests roll up their sleeves too... the Sushi Kit is particularly fun to make as a group. Check out How to Throw a Sushi Party.
- Family Fun: Let your little ones act as your sous chef, exposing them to...