Tamale Kit (Seasonal)
$ 28.99 USD– Sold Out
Roll up your sleeves and welcome the taste of Mexico into your kitchen with this DIY tamale making kit. To set you up for success in your new cooking adventures, our tamale kit includes all the unique shelf stable ingredients to make 16 tamales and detailed instructions. Just add your favorite fresh fillings and hone your new craft side-by-side with family and friends.
Chilies (New Mexico, Ancho, Pasilla), Corn Husks, Masa Mix, Spice Packet, Cooking Instructions, Shopping Guide. Tamale Kit makes 16 tamales
- 1 Ib meat: pork shoulder/butt or chicken breasts/thighs (alt shortcut: 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, plus 3 cups chicken broth)
- 1 large white onion
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- Basics: baking powder, salt
- Optional: any other fillings you'd like! Check out more tamale recipe ideas here
Tamales from scratch take time, but they're worth the effort! The Tamale Kit comes with detailed step-by-step instructions to guide you along your tamale adventure.
- Since tamale-making does take time, we recommend dividing into 2 days: make the sauce and filling the day before and do the assembling and cooking the day of the feast.
- To keep the tamales upright in your steamer, use crumbled foil to fill in the gaps and keep tamales in place.
- If you feel like being "extra," use thin strips of the corn husks to tie around each tamale.
- Gather your family and friends for a tamale making party! Learn how to host a simple one here.
You may also like
Best-Seller 3-Pack Kit Bundle
$ 86.99 USD
Tough time deciding on just 1? Get a 3-pack bundle of our best-sellers and get $5 off, plus free shipping. DIY Mochi Kit x 1 DIY Sushi Kit x 1 DIY Fortune...
Mochi Ice Cream Kit
$ 33.99 USD
Give your ice cream a Japanese twist! This DIY Mochi Ice Cream Kit includes the unique shelf stable ingredients, and cooking tools so you can successfully make your own mochi....