We're 7! Woo-Hoo!
A note from Carley:
Global Grub is my first (unofficial) baby. So to think my “baby” just turned 7… well, it really blows my mind! It all started with a dream… the dream of owning my own business. You could say the entrepreneurial bug hit when I was a little girl making elaborate puff painted pins and selling them to fellow elementary school students. Fast-forward to my career, I spent long days working my way up the corporate ladder, only to daydream about doing my own thang. So I took that leap and (a very) long story short, Global Grub was born in 2012.
Over the last 7 years, Global Grub has continued to grow and evolve at a steady pace. I’m thrilled to share that 2018 was Global Grub’s very best year yet, and 2019 is on pace to top it. We continue to focus on extraordinary handcrafted meals and treats. We’re grateful to continue to grow with online partners like UncommonGoods.com and Williams-Sonoma.com. Later this year, you’ll see Global Grub unveil some exciting new partnerships and avenues. And, we will continue to innovate.
On a more personal note, this business has been a rollercoaster with the highest highs and the lowest lows (but I’m pretty sure most business owners would say the same thing). I’m thankful for this opportunity of a lifetime. To think that my products are the catalyst or foundation of an enjoyable experience amongst family and friends in kitchens nationwide, or a meaningful gift… it really makes for rewarding “work.” I also enjoy my job because it’s creative, it’s challenging (well, sometimes I wish it was easier!), everyday is different, and the sky is the limit. Plus, I’m extremely thankful for a flexible schedule that has made all the difference in my “Mom of 2 World.” That’s right, since conceiving my first unofficially “baby” 7 years ago, I’ve had 2 real-life squishy, giggly baby boys. I'm certainly proud to be a mamapreneur. So this business and I have experienced some real LIFE together, to say the least.
For Global Grub’s 7th birthday, I can’t help but take a quick trip down memory lane… here are the highlights so far!
- 2012: Global Grub Launches! Sold at local events and online
- 2013: Global Grub goes nationwide through Sur La Table! And wins the coveted Sofi Silver Award by the Specialty Food Association
- 2014: Global Grub launches in 40 Whole Foods stores. Also gets recognized by Food + Wine as one of the best DIY Kits
- 2015: Global Grub attains profitability!
- 2016: Global Grub launches on UncommonGoods.com and Williams-Sonoma.com. It’s the start of 2 wonderful partnerships that are still going strong!
- 2017: Global Grub officially moves all production to its current co-packer in Central California. Also gets video coverage by Tastemade.
- 2018 : Global Grub launches the DIY Mochi Ice Cream Kit, which goes down as the best-selling kit, and makes for the best year yet!
Last but not least, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the support over the last 7-year rollercoaster. As a small, woman-owned business, your support has been paramount to Global Grub's success. I'd like to wholeheartedly thank you for encouragement, patronage, partnership, help, feedback, and guidance. Without a doubt, Global Grub would not have survived and thrived without the countless people that have helped me along this crazy journey. A million thanks.
And Happy 7th, Baby!
Also in Global Grub's Blog: Adventures in Cooking
After 9 years of being a solopreneur, I am SO excited and ready to build a team, starting with an Operations Manager! If interested, email Carley at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.