Jerk Kit - Make it Yours!
Follow the award-winning Global Grub Jerk Kit to the "T" or get creative and Make it Yours!
Here are some ways to Make it Yours:
- My favorite: There's plenty of marinade for all the chicken, so add some shrimp too (now that's a good spin on Surf n Turf)
- Also or alternatively, use the marinade on pork or fish, to name a few
- Also or alternatively, marinade and grill up some veggies, like carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, etc ... the marinade is great on practically everything!
- Make it as spicy (or not) as you wish:
- If you use two/both habaneros, it can be "burn your face off" spicy
- If you use one and a half habaneros, it's pretty spicy
- If you use one habanero, it's medium
- If you use half of one, it's subtle
- If you want to avoid any spiciness at all, you don't have to use any habaneros at all
- Make it gluten free by simply using your gluten free soy sauce in the marinade. Speaking of, yes this kit is gluten free and dairy free (recipe calls for coconut milk for the coconut rice and beans side dish)
- Serve with a mango/fruit salsa, to help cool your mouth!
- Use your Jerk Chicken leftovers (it makes a lot!) to make Jerk Chicken sandwiches and salads
How else are you "making it yours"?
Also in Global Grub's Blog: Adventures in Cooking
Grow with us! We're always on the hunt for good people, so feel free to email us (Hello@GlobalGrub.com) with your area of expertise or apply to the current positions.
Whether you're new to deep frying or a self-proclaimed professional like my grandma, heating the oil to the right temp is critical for deep frying success. The best foolproof way to gauge and maintain frying oil temp is to use a deep fry thermometer. We always recommend using one, but if you don't have one, where there's a will, there's a way! Here's a popular technique, plus some great deep frying techniques.