Jerk Kit - Make it Yours!
Follow the award-winning Global Grub Jerk Kit to the "T" or get creative and Make it Yours!
Here are some ways to Make it Yours:
- My favorite: There's plenty of marinade for all the chicken, so add some shrimp too (now that's a good spin on Surf n Turf)
- Also or alternatively, use the marinade on pork or fish, to name a few
- Also or alternatively, marinade and grill up some veggies, like carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, etc ... the marinade is great on practically everything!
- Make it as spicy (or not) as you wish:
- If you use two/both habaneros, it can be "burn your face off" spicy
- If you use one and a half habaneros, it's pretty spicy
- If you use one habanero, it's medium
- If you use half of one, it's subtle
- If you want to avoid any spiciness at all, you don't have to use any habaneros at all
- Make it gluten free by simply using your gluten free soy sauce in the marinade. Speaking of, yes this kit is gluten free and dairy free (recipe calls for coconut milk for the coconut rice and beans side dish)
- Serve with a mango/fruit salsa, to help cool your mouth!
- Use your Jerk Chicken leftovers (it makes a lot!) to make Jerk Chicken sandwiches and salads
How else are you "making it yours"?
Also in Global Grub's Blog: Adventures in Cooking
After 9 years of being a solopreneur, I am SO excited and ready to build a team, starting with an Operations Manager! If interested, email Carley at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.