Sushi Roll Recipes
Need some sushi roll inspiration? You've come to the right place.
Here are some of my favorites:
- California-ish: Crab, avocado and cucumber roll topped with a slice of sushi-grade salmon or some spicy tuna (substitute crab with sushi-grade tuna, salmon, shrimp OR teriyaki chicken)
- Super Spicy Tuna: Sushi-grade* tuna, Sriracha sauce and mayo roll topped with a slice of fresh jalapeno and more Sriracha
- Tempura: Battered/fried shrimp (boxed tempura mix and fully prepared tempura are popping up at more stores). Optionally add slices of avocado on the outside
- Philly: Sushi-grade* salmon, cream cheese (block form can be easily cut into strips) and cucumber
- Rainbow Roll: Jazz up California Rolls. Instructions:
- Thinly slice your favorite assortment of sashimi (sushi-grade* tuna, salmon, halibut, yellow tail, etc.) and avocado
- Place slices diagonally around outside of California Roll, alternating sashimi/avocado slices to create a “rainbow”
- Cover roll’s surface with plastic wrap and use bamboo sushi mat to mold sashimi/avocado onto the roll
- Remove sushi mat and plastic wrap, and cut into rolls
*Sushi-grade fish is readily found at nicer grocery stores (you can always ask the butcher to confirm)
And when I'm throwing a Sushi Party, I always like to include some options for my non-meat eater and non-raw stuff friends:
- Veggie: Choose 3-4 of your favorites (such as cucumber, avocado, carrots, bell pepper, asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, sprouts, daikon)
- Teriyaki Chicken: Optionally add slices of avocado and/or cucumber
Your turn! What are your favorite rolls?
PS - My friends double as hand models. Special thanks to my homies!
Also in Global Grub's Blog: Adventures in Cooking
Global Grub is my first (unofficial) baby. So to think my “baby” just turned 7… well, it really blows my mind! It all started with a dream… the dream of owning my own business. You could say the entrepreneurial bug hit when...
Global Grub is thrilled to announce its latest partnership with a fellow Bay Area company, Little Passports. Global Grub’s DIY Sushi Kit is available as an add-on item to their Japan Explorers Kit as well as an everyday item…