Review by Daily Candy
Gourmet Getaway Food Journal
Itinerary: Two ethnic meals (sushi, jerk chicken with coconut rice and beans), one night.
Supplies: Two Global Grub cooking kits.
- 6 p.m. Head to market to stock up on additional ingredients not found in pantry.
- 6:30 p.m. Rehydrate habaneros and mix up a marinade.
- 6:45 p.m. Uh oh, no blender? We don’t surrender — and mash with a fork instead.
- 7 p.m. Crank up reggae music to set the mood for rice cooking. (We skip the beans. We’re lazy.)
- 7:30 p.m. No grill for grilling chicken? No problem. We simply slice into strips and saute.
- 7:45 p.m. Time for a taste test. Despite minor tweaks, it’s delicious, albeit a bit spicy (note: Next time, stick to one habanero).
- 8 p.m. Feel confident enough to tackle medium skill level. Cuisine change: sushi. Start cooking rice and cutting veggies.
- 8:15 p.m. Take a wine break and learn to roll via the instructional online video. Looks easy.
- 8:30 p.m. Spread out a tennis ball-size of rice, flip, and fill. Using the provided mat, we go for the gold.
- 9 p.m. And that’s a wrap.
Also in Press
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Let the good times roll this holiday with the help of Global Grub, an ethnic food kit company that enables new cooking adventures, and its new strategic partnership with the ultimate cooking store Sur La Table...