Jobs at Global Grub
Grow with us! We're always on the hunt for good people, so feel free to email us with your area of expertise or apply to the current position below at Hello@GlobalGrub.com.
Virtual Cooking Instructor
About Global Grub: Whether you want to learn the art of sushi making, earn homemade mochi bragging rights, or delight others with personalized fortune cookies, Global Grub will guide you along your cooking adventures. Our globally-inspired DIY cooking kits focus on handcrafted, extraordinary meals and treats. Each kit comes with the specialized non-perishable ingredients, unique cooking tool(s), detailed instructions and a shopping list for fresh/basic items (home cooks use their favorites to make it their own). Global Grub’s DIY kits are all about creating memorable cooking experiences with your loved ones, making them great for date nights, dinner parties, family fun and experiential gifts. Our mission is to bring people and cultures together through the art and joy of cooking. We believe cooking is a love language, and wonderful way to honor and celebrate cultures and diversity.
To further propel the experiential aspect of Global Grub, we are excited about offering virtual cooking classes that compliment our line of DIY cooking kits. At this time, we are mostly partnering with virtual experience platforms that cater to corporate team building events.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate cooking instructor to teach live virtual cooking classes using the recipes, instructions and techniques from Global Grub’s DIY kits. Popular international kits/dishes include Sushi, Fortune Cookies, Ravioli, Mochi, Churros, and more. The virtual cooking instructor will be responsible for providing an outstanding experience and service to all the participants that’s fun, interactive and educational.
This is a part-time, hourly position; amount of hours based on the needs of the business.
Virtual Cooking Instructor Duties:
- Lead each online class from start to finish, maintaining a high energy, engaging and welcoming atmosphere and vibe
- Be an expert on the cooking steps and techniques of each DIY kit and cuisine, teaching participants step-by-step and exceeding their overall expectations
- Prepare, set up, film and host from your clean and inviting home kitchen
- Exude the Global Grub brand personality: positive/encouraging, charming, light-hearted, personable/friendly/approachable, knowledgeable/credible, supportive
- Represent Global Grub and share info about the line of DIY kits and classes
- Manage teaching schedule calendar and communication with virtual class team/partners
- Maintain personal inventory of Global Grub’s DIY kits and the additional fresh/basic ingredients needed
- Professional cook (or advanced home cook) that’s well versed and passionate about cooking international foods
- Experience teaching virtual cooking classes is a major plus
- Enthusiastic about Global Grub, and eager to help it grow and succeed
- Knowledgeable about filming, lighting, and overall production value
- Tech savvy with a reliable internet source and well versed in Zoom or other video conferencing platforms
- Knowledge of food safety, and FDA regulations
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detailed-oriented and very organized
- A valid driver’s license and authorization to work in the US
- Ability to lift and carry at least 30 pounds
- Per class fee DOE, plus potential revenue share model
- Flexible hours; 1-hour classes pre-arranged 1-2 weeks in advance on weekdays or weekends
- Major growth opportunities, including potentially building out future virtual class programs and developing new DIY kits
Global Grub is an equal opportunity employer that values Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and strongly encourages people of color and women to apply.
Also in Global Grub's Blog: Adventures in Cooking
Global Grub is my first (unofficial) baby. So to think my “baby” just turned 7… well, it really blows my mind! It all started with a dream… the dream of owning my own business. You could say the entrepreneurial bug hit when...